Skip to main content

Chapter 22 (part 1)

 Chapter 22 (Part 1)

───※ ·❆· ※───

"What are you doing?" Ban Hua was lying on the soft couch, with a maidservant massaging her head when Ban Heng rushed in crying and howling. The cries and howls scared the maid, which made her lose control over her strength and pull a little too hard.


        "Princess," the little maid turned pale with fright. She looked at Ban Hua in a panic, not knowing where to put her hands and feet.


        "You all go out ." Ban Hua turned her head and glanced at the frightened little maid. "It's okay, you are not to be blamed."


        "Princess, thanks." When the little maid followed behind the others to get out, her hands were still shaking. She looked down at the few hair strands tangled in the palm of her hand and only felt that her Junzhu was kind and had no shortcomings.


        "Yuzhu, you have been serving with the princess for a year or two. Why are you still so scared?" Another servant who came towards her held her wrist and chuckled, "It seems that the princess will fight with Young Master again later."


 


"Don't talk nonsense. They are Master’s matter, how can we subordinates talk nonsense in private?" Yuzhu hurriedly tugged at her wrist, "If the butler hears you, your silver will definitely be deducted."


 The little girl stopped her mouth in a hurry, turned her head, and looked around a few times. After seeing that the housekeeper near them, she was relieved.


        In the yard, Ban Hua sat up from the couch, with her loose hair hanging behind, "After being discovered by Count Cheng An, didn't you say you would never do anything so stupid again?"


       "We won't always be discovered by Count Cheng An." Ban Heng said brazenly, "How many times have I spoken impulsively, don't take it seriously. Sister, shall we go bury the money tomorrow morning?"


        "You go by yourself," Ban Hua laid back on her couch, "It's so cold in the morning, I don't want to get up."


        "Well... then let's go at night and stay in the outskirts of the village at night. Let's not come back to the city," Ban Heng thought for a while and spoke again, "It's not safe to go out at night. Then, how about we go in the evening. If we can't keep up with the curfew, we will stay in Biezhuang for one night. What do you think?"



        Ban Hua was silent for a moment: "Go and call the maids who are standing outside. "


        "Why do you call them?" Ban Heng puzzled.


        "If I don't call them. Will you comb my hair?" Ban Hua stood up, "Let's wait to tell my mother, and we"ll talk."


        "Okay!" Ban Heng nodded happily, and called the maids in."Sister, then I will go and clean up."


        Ban Hua ignored him and just sat on the sofa again. Looking at the white jade bracelet on her wrist, she sighed. She worried that with her brother's mind, five years later, he would have forgotten where they had buried things.


        The maids filed in, waiting for Ban Hua to comb her hair and change clothes. One by one, she wore clothes that took more than a month of embroidering to make, hairpins, jade pendants, bracelets that ordinary people can’t afford in a lifetime, and pearls that were placed in the corners of the box like discarded stones, waiting for the occasional luck from the owner.


        Ban Hua gently tapped lipstick with her fingertips and rubbed it on her lips. After seeing her lips become smooth and moist, she stood up with satisfaction and walked towards the main courtyard.


        Although Count Cheng An was injured which made Ban Huai feel a little guilty, in general, Ban Huai was in a good mood. As he walked into the second door and saw his charming and lively daughter, the smile on his face became a little brighter: "Daughter."


        "Father," Ban Hua greeted Ban Huai as she trotted to him. "You are smiling so happily, what happened?"


        Ban Huai couldn't hide anything in front of her daughter, so he naturally told Ban Hua everything that happened in court today. Finally, in the end, he sighed: "Count Cheng An is really a kind man."


        "Xie Chongjin was really sent to jail?" Ban Hua's mood was a bit complicated. Could it be that Xie Chongjin is the one who rebels in the future, but where does he come from? He is not as well-known as Count Cheng An among literary families and does not hold prestige among the generals. He can not cause any miracles. Could he really be the son of heaven in the future by inciting people to follow him to fight?


        Seeing that his daughter hadn't spoken for a long time, Ban Huai looked at her incomprehensibly: "Good girl, why are you not talking?"


        "Father, you say...Should we kill him?" Ban Hua looked at Ban Huai and said in a quiet whispering voice. It sounded a bit creepy.


        "Who are you going to kill?" Ban Huai was taken aback by his daughter's words, "Good girl, you have a grudge against Xie Chongjin?"


        "No. " Ban Hua whispered, "I was worried he is "that" person."


        "Can't be" Ban Huai couldn't believe it, "Do you think Count Zhongping can raise a son who can do such things?"


        Ban Hua was speechless. She knocked on her head: " It's my fault. I almost forgot."


 "It's okay. Your father, I, also can't remember anything. You take after me after all" Ban Huai patted Ban Hua's head comfortingly, "Go, let's find your mother."


       


 "Father, Are you back?" Ban Heng saw Ban Huai come in and got up from the chair, "Mother was worried you hadn't come back when it's already so late."


        "Something happened in the court today," Ban Huai told his wife and children what happened in the court, again, "It's also my fault. I was not careful enough and involved Count Cheng An. Madam, what do you think we should send as a gift of thanks? "




        Yin Shi thought carefully and said: "Don't worry about this. Leave the matter to me to arrange.”


T/n :


Ah, I feel like I am a member of the Ban Family too! I too don't remember anything. Forgetting is my forte! My special utterly useless talent!


Hope everyone had a nice start to the new year!

And I have received the message regarding the inconsistency in the name. I shall resolve it soon (within this week). I have also planned to make a character list/guide.



I think it's been a while since I shared my school burden.Soooo,

We received our test results. And unsurprisingly, I have a C+ in physics. That was quite harsh considering I almost never have grades lower than B usually but this one, I have to say, I did see it coming with me being so unmotivated because it was "online".

And the other big news I received was, we are having "offline" exams in a month. And school might resume physically after the exams. So,  I am trying my best to just catch up with school works and revise.

And as much as it sounds like I am being "productive". I still am not successful and spend too much time on pointless things and do absolute nothing.


I am trying though. *Sigh*

I think that's enough for a rant. And see you soon!

(maybe tomorrow,no promises tho)


P.s : I have not been able to respond to the emails and messages I got. I will get back to those too within this week.


Previous | Content | Next


Comments

  1. Thanks for the update!

    I kinda get you. I also have 7 assignments to finish but I continuously came up with excuse to delay finishing them. So, now I'm losing my mind trying to finish them. I thought about copying them from my friend but she had an emergency in her family. So, now I have to finish them at least 3 days before deadline so she can copy them from me. What a plot twist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some things just happen unexpectedly!
      Sometimes, I also put off doing homework planning to copy from my friend. And my friend also does the same. So, at the end we both don't have anything to copy!

      Hope you completed all your assignments nicely!

      Delete
  2. Good luck with your studies! I usually hate the phrase 'C's get degrees' but in this case, I think we can all agree they get you through the pandemic. Hopefully your future classes are more enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the wishes! And they do get us through the pandemic.
      I too hope my future classes would be enjoyable.(The probability of this happening is quite low.huhu)

      Delete
  3. Ban Heng: Don't worry sister, I made this sign that says "1 million taels of silver not buried here" so we won't forget where we buried the money.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems like this sister also has to change her surname into Ban 😭🤣

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 11(Part 2)

  Helloo! Tambu Here!! Its been about 5 months since the previous translator has posted. So, I will take over this project. I will be trying to publish a chapter in on week. And this is my first time, please be kind on me. We are all here for a pleasant reading experience. So, please point out the mistakes and do tell me if the chapter does not flow properly. Enjoy the chapter!                       ﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋                                       ∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞        Chapter 11 (part 2) She looked at the beautiful and exquisite golden buyao in Ban Hua's hair and shook her head. And then she saw Rong Xia glance at Ban Hua. She felt odd. That glance made her heart feel like a needle pierced through. "Oh, the miss from the Ban family is here."  Hearing the sound of horse hooves, the emperor, in his heart, had wondered who was running the horse. The smile on his face broadened when he looked up, "I know. Except f

Chapter 13 Part 2

             Barbecue               ───※ ·❆· ※───   "Sister, the rabbit you hunted is really fat. It will be delicious when you roast it later." Ban Heng saw the fat rabbit in Ban Hua's hand and immediately called the guard to deal with the rabbit. "I also brought a can of the chili sauce from the barbarian land. It will be delicious to eat when it's roasted."       "This rabbit was not hunted by me, it was given to me by His Majesty." Ban Hua also stuffed the venison to the guards and let them take care of it. "We have to divide a part and send it to mother, so wait for a while "   Ban Heng came near Ban Hua's ear and whispered:  "Swindler!"      "Don't eat if you can hunt!" Ban Hua rolled her eyes, still looking beautiful.   Ban Heng immediately softened his voice and said: "Sister, I am your brother."      "If you weren't my brother, would you be alive today?" Ban Hua asked with ey

Chapter 19 part 1

Chapter 19 part 1 Unedited ───※ ·❆· ※───   "Sister!" Ban Heng trot all the way to Banhua's yard, interrupting the story that the female storyteller was doing. He took the tea that the maid had poured, drank a few mouthfuls before he said, "I have found out." Ban Hua waved her hand to let unwanted people around them retire. Then she tapped the coffee table with both hands: "Who is it?" "Count Zhongping's eldest son, Xie Chongjin. " Ban Heng drank a whole cup of tea before barely catching breath, "He is the 1st-Imperial-Scholar who passed the exam three years ago, but went to work outside the country. After Xi Qilin broke one of his eyes, he was transferred back to Capital City. He just arrived in Capital City yesterday. " "Sister, what do you want me to check him for?" Ban Heng sat down on the chair, he suddenly looked at Ban Hua with a skeptical eye: "You don't think he looks good, do you?" "Can yo